Greetings!

Hi! I'm Crystal - nice to meet you!
I have a business blog for Relax Consulting and a personal blog that focuses on life's events and turning life's lemons into lemonade and features book reviews and guest bloggers/authors. My 'blog dresser' if you will needs another drawer. A drawer where I can store poems, short stories, and other literary works I have written. This way, the 'dresser drawer' that was meant for lemonade thoughts can stay filled with only those thoughts, and similarly, the 'dresser drawer' filled with business information for Relax Consulting will not be bogged down with things that don't belong.

Now that we got that out of the way - enjoy! (and if this isn't what you are looking for, best of luck with your future endeavors and I hope one of my other pages meets your needs)

Luv,
~Crystal

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Measurable Author Goals

Who would have thought this post would be about writing? I was scrolling through Facebook last evening and noticed two of my highschool friends and their posts. One girl gave up her high paying job in California, sold everything she owns, and is a missionary overseas. The other girl participates in these crazy athletic events including running through mud, carrying heavy objects, running through fire, etc... and well, I put down my phone and said to my husband "I think I'm lacking direction in my life" which led us to a conversation that I'll explain more in the next paragraph.

I'm a driven person. When I was young, I was driven by perfect attendance awards, straight A report cards, swim meet wins, band medals, etc... and as I got older I set daily, weekly, yearly, and long term goals. I was driven by titles, pay raises, the success of my employer, the size of my vehicle, etc... Now, we have two businesses, two children, a baby on the way, and I volunteer as well as working in the arts as a musician and writer. Deep down I am probably trying to please my mother who still doesn't really care if I exist or not, but I'll leave that sort of diagnosing to a psychiatrist. My husband reassured me that I am a good mother, good at what I do with relationship building, and I think he said something about how cute I am - I sort of stopped listening as I formulated a plan. I came back with "I need some sort of measurable goal" I explained how a goal of being a 'good mother' was simply ridiculous because there's no way to measure the results and he agreed. We left it at that and I promised myself I would give this some thought.

This morning I came up with my action plan:

1) Continue doing book reviews - write a review policy and post it to my blog and website

2) Continue blogging - set a goal of 3 updates each week per blog (yikes - that's 9 total) in addition to the blogs on WOW! Women on Writing

3) Get back on track with my own novel and have it published before September 2014

Now - I am sharing these goals with you so you can hold me accountable. These goals are measurable, attainable, and now they are out here for everyone to see.

Stay tuned for more and thank you in advance for cheering me on! I may not be a missionary, a great mom, and I certainly cannot run through fire ... but now I've got some goals and I plan on exceeding them!!!

Hugs,
~Crystal


2 comments:

  1. Are these goals in order? The first two are simple. It's #3 that's the whopper! Stay committed and even after that baby comes, stay committed. There will never be a "good" time or a "better" time or a "quiet" time to finish your novel.

    Trust me on this.

    Your hubby sounds like he supports you, and believe me that is all the support you need. I could do none of it without my wife egging me on. She is my own personal cheerleader! Ask him to be your egger-oner and I bet he'll step up.


    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
    Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS@GMAIL.COM.

    For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
    TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.

    We give out jobs to hackers (gurus only) to those willing to work, with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given to jobs!!

    Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who needs employment under the teams establishment.


    we deal with the total functioning of sites like,



    + SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    + CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

    + WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

    + MONEY FLIPPING

    + BANK ACCOUNTS

    + IOS/OS

    + CRIMINAL RECORDS

    + SCHOOL GRADES

    + CREDIT SCORES

    + SPOUSES PHONE

    + BTC RECOVERY

    + BTC MINING


    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    I’m always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com

    SIGNED....!

    Jason. W.

    ReplyDelete